English 3, Post 7, 'Choice of Two Topics (Choose one of the two)'

  Dear Earthlings from FCQF!

As the title so eloquently suggests, this time there is a choice that you will have to make, either 'a career-oriented website', or 'an expert person in your field of study'. 

Topic A: Tell us about a career-oriented website you enjoy visiting. 

Include this information:

·        Describe the website and provide the link.

·        How often do you visit it?

·        Explain why you like the site.

·        Who would you recommend it to?

Upload pictures (optional)


Topic BTell us about an expert/person in your field that you admire

Include this information:

·        Why do you admire this person?

·        What has this person done/contributed?

·        Provide a short biography of this person

       Upload pictures (optional)

Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher's post

Word Count: 160 words

"This time it is not necessarily a career-oriented web site but a YouTube channel (which is in fact, a website for videos) and it is called ‘Wisecrack’. Particularly interesting material for this channel and that gives it all its funny flavour while learning is a funny man and this is ‘Thug Notes: Classic Literature, Original Gangster’, a black dude who provides a thorough analysis to every single literature classic masterpiece.

It is actually hilarious to see a book review/analysis is done with such professional treatment, though, under an extremely colloquial tone. It is as if someone exploits a 'seemingly uneducated' stereotype and puts it in an academic field. It is counter-intuitive, at first, to see how a fully-fledged expert provides such an insightful analysis in such an unusual fashion.

Since my major actually is on English Literature, it was a huge pleasure to see, for example, how ‘1984’ is deconstructed under a point of view that takes a dystopian character, at first sight, a human tragedy, and turns it into a hilarious review. I highly recommend this channel for you to have a good laugh". 

What about you?

Cheers.

Comments

  1. I think it is an entertaining channel, I would like to understand better English to enjoy it more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the channel! The best thing is that I came across a video about Invincible :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just searched for "Wisecrack" on YouTube and saw the video about "Monthy Python". If all the videos are like this, then it's a very good channel, the analysis is deep and makes it easier to understand, also because of the good video editing, those details make the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With this blog I realised that you like teaching with a touch of humour, that would explain the way you develop your classes. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I still do not see, but I will see it, the channel that you recommend, I know it must be very good, because that is what I look for on YouTube channels, topics that in theory are serious, but if they include a touch of humor, they can be very valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of the "Wisecrack" channel, maybe I'll check it out later

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was watching the channel and I noticed the variety of videos you have, I think that's quite positive as it invites you to visit the channel and of course to watch the videos you offer. Thank you for giving me a new channel to visit in my free time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thug Notes?, that makes me laugh, it reminds me of tupac jajaja

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems to have an interesting theme the youtuber proposes, I'll take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I think the youtuber that you put coincides with a characteristic of the one I put on, they use comedy as a means of understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of "Wisecrack", but I looked it up on youtube and it looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watched some videos and really enjoyed the guy´s way of expressing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like an interesting channel :o

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to visit the youtube channel 'Wisecrack', Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As I have found the channel very interesting, I have gone to see it and indeed it is, they have a great variety of videos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I looked for the channel on youtube and I don't find it interesting, sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Youtube Channels save our lives this days!

    ReplyDelete

  18. The channel is super good, I did not spend several minutes watching videos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 3, Post 4, 'A Meal or Food you really like'

English 3, Post 6, 'How can your major make the world a better place'